[Wikipedia-l] Personal wiki

Christopher Larberg christopherlarberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 03:18:35 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 22:58 -0400, James R. Johnson wrote:
> I'm not trying to run a server or anything like that, but simply use a wiki
> on my computer (not published to the internet) for a few things I've
> written.
>
> James

MediaWiki can be downloaded from http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download.
You're using Outlook, and therefore Windows, which doesn't natively
support tar and gzip; I recommend http://www.7-zip.org/ for
decompressing the archive. You need an HTTP server, such as Apache
(http://apache.org/) and PHP (http://www.php.net/) to run MediaWiki.
Don't let the term "HTTP server" scare you; you don't need to allow
others access to your computer.

--Christopher Larberg ([[w:en:User:Slowking Man]])