[Wikipedia-l] Re: Change of Interwiki name for Moldovan language

Wikipedia Romania (Ronline) rowikipedia at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 12:21:51 UTC 2005

Node, the Ronline proposal was basically a proposal to
*save* the Moldovan Wikipedia with a few compromises.
I don't know why you're saying that the result
"could've tipped the other way". The other way was the
shutting down of the Moldovan Wikipedia. The Ronline
proposal basically enabled the Moldovan Wikipedia to
go forward, which is why it was voted by all the three
users you claim are legitimate (me, you and Dmitriid).
Had Gabix been given the right to vote, I am nearly
certain he would have voted for the Ronline proposal
(instead of the shutting down option).

I have observed your arguments with many people on the
Moldovan language and Romanian language articles on
Wikipedia (and mostly I have chosen not to involve
myself) but I think that you need to understand that
in a case like this, compromise is necessary. The
"chirilica" inclusion *is* necessary and is a
reasonable compromise. The only way to have voted
against that inclusion was to have voted against the
Ronline proposal, in which case the Moldovan Wikipedia
would have been shut down. You had the chance to make
an amendment even, and yet you didn't. Dmitriid made
one (about Wikipedia in romana instead of Wikipedia
Romania, I think) and his was voted in.

However, as I said on the Moldovan Wikipedia, anyone
has the chance to propose a new proposal or call a
vote on the existing proposal or model. So, if you're
unhappy about the chirilica inclusion, then propose an
amendment and put it up for voting. Until that, the
Ronline proposal must be fully implemented, because it
was voted in, and one of the inclusions must be the
chirilica interwiki.