[Wikipedia-l] What would Richard Stallman say? (fwd)

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Sun Feb 22 09:41:11 UTC 2004

"Caroline Ford" <caroline at secretlondon.me.uk> schrieb:

> I would say it was greater than 20% from the tagging work we've been doing.
>
> Copyrighted 43
> Fair use 186
> GFDL 1714
> Noncommerical 26
> Public Domain 369
> Unverified 273
>
> Total images tagged so far:  2611 (approx total images 40,000)
>  Percentage unverified (images with no info):  10.4%
>
> However: the figures have a bias as we have been tagging our own images.
> I have uploaded 193 images, Morwen has uploaded 1224 (a thousand of
> which are her GFDL maps). When I was tagging yesterday's image upload
> log over 50% had no info.

It was definitely more than 20% untagged. My own number was 25-30% untagged,
but I had _not_ included the following in the untagged percentage:
* Drawings which clearly seemed to have been made 'for the occasion' and
  thus would be own work
* Material that was clearly older than 1900
* Flags, logos and weapons

After this, I had rounded down the number even further to allow for images
that were not tagged, but for which the origin was clear fromt the image
itself (my sample included for example two magazine covers).

Andre Engels