[Wikipedia-l] Re: image copyright

Robert Michel news at RobertMichel.de
Thu Feb 19 11:36:19 UTC 2004

Salve,

Am Donnerstag, 19. Februar 2004 08:46 schrieb Delirium:
> [] This image is licensed under the GFDL by ___

How do we archive this licence?
Some idees
- Hash code for the images
- Unic ID numbers to be able to have a black list of withdrawn (deleted
pictures) because of invalid licences
- Paper contracts with people which put this pictures under the GFDL with the
Hash code of the pictures, description of it and discription of his source
and history
- This paper contracts should be made in three exemplars, one for the
contributor, one for the national Wikipedia organisation and one for the
international foundation

Why so much bureaucracy? When the director of one museum give us verbally the
rigth to use this a photo of one modern work of art - what is when his
successor do not like us to use this photo with GNU-FDL and he would prefer
to make money with picture agency like Corbi$?

This paper contracts should be archivated at two places, because one place
could mabe burn down.

If we agree for more wather proof GNU-FDLs contributions, the question is
would it be necessary to do this for every photo?

When someone contribute a photo of a public building, a tree or so, I don`t
think that paper licences would be neccessary. In this case personal PGP-Keys
with real names and a ring of trusted Keys like the Debian.org people do
would be perfekt.

But for pictures of art from museums, pictures from famos people and pictures
from films should have conservative, signed, paper lizences.

Otherwise oure picture collection could grow fast, but with some cuckoo's
eggs, changed mind of contributors or changed laws it could be that we lose
many important pictures.

IMHO it`s better to have view, good documentated pictures with water-profe
licences than many pictures and negativ news press about us in short time for
sure.

Greetings from the [[de:Karneval|carnivalistic]] Aachen:
°</:o)x
rob

PS:
I can hear music from the marketplace, close to my room. Every year the crasy
carneval weekend starts on Thursday (Weiberfastnacht, Fettdonnerstag) morning
11:11h when the broads (Weiber) conquer the town hall and takeover symbolicly
the key of the town hall from the burgomaster (mayor) for one day. From time
to time  I can hear the carnevalistic battle call and "Alaaf" cried by
everbody:
"Oche?" - "Alaaf", "Oche?" - "Alaaf", "Oche?" - "Alaaf"
or
"Oche?" - "Alaaf", "Prince Michael I.?" - "Alaaf", "Oche?" - "Alaaf"
But this discribe only the impression of carneval when you sit at your
desktop. Carneval is realy a great fun, when you join the big party on the
streets ;)

Oche=local dialect for Aachen