[Wikilegal-l] Re: [Wikipedia-l] since we are on legal matters ...

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 27 00:26:58 UTC 2003

Grumble...another mailing list...grumble

>This is a very good point. I have brought it up
>before. Really, if you move text from one page (or
>from one language version to another) as part of the
>move you should analyze the text and determine who
the >five major contributors are and list them in the
>summary box. How to determine who the five major
>contributors are?  Should it be via the amount of
text >each
>contributes? Or the number of ideas?  How to count
>ideas?
>Perhaps an alternative is to state where the page
>comes from that way someone should be able to work
>back and find out who made the contribution.
>Alex756

AieAieAie, I think, reading comments by Alex, Martin,
Ec...that it would be best that we just abandon this
notion of authorship.

It would still be a good idea to always indicate the
origin of a content moved from another place in the
comment box.