[Wikipedia-l] Indigenous issues: Wikepedia Encyclopedia

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 05:33:05 UTC 2003

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:15:48 -0500
From: Paul_Lorilla at pch.gc.ca
Subject: [Wikipedia-l] Indigenous issues: Wikepedia
Encyclopedia

Mr. Jimmy Wales,

I hope this note finds you in good health and spirit.
I work for the
Aboriginal Affairs Branch at the Department of
Canadian Heritage in the
capital region of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.   We came
upon your website,
Wikipedia Encyclopedia and have found your work
regarding Indigenous
languages to be very useful.

We are in the process of creating a website for our
Policy and Research
Directorate and would like to use your website as a
link for people to
research Aboriginal/Indigenous issues.   This is
simply creating a
hyperlink under the word Wikipedia so that people can
then visit and
learn
from your site.   We are wondering if you would permit
us to do that.

In addition, because our website is linked to the
Government of Canada,
it
is useful for sites to be bilingual (English and
French).  Is there a
French version of the Indigenous website?

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your
response.  I can be
contacted at 819 994 2257

Paul

-------

As far as I am aware, the french version currently
does not contain much about indigenous people, but
does contain useful things about languages.

I recommand that you start at
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langue and see if some of
the links may be relevant to you.

Do not hesitate to drop us a word.