[Wikipedia-l] Vacation, governance

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Nov 26 00:52:19 UTC 2003

I'll be away from tomorrow morning early and returning Tuesday.  I'll
be available by cellphone 24x7, so those of you who have that number
could reach me in an emergency.  I will also have net access, although
I don't intend to be online much.

Remember when I had people volunteer for mediation and arbitration
committees?  I haven't forgotten.  Expect initial appointments to
those committees on December 2nd, when I get back.

If anyone still wants to volunteer, let me know.

Remember -- mediation in this context means "attempting to resolve a
problem without resort to bans or restrictions of any kind, by helping
two parties to a conflict find a mutually satisfactory solution", and
arbitration in this context means "more mediation, but this time with
ultimate resort to bans or restrictions if absolutely necessary".

The idea here is to start working towards a scalable governance
solution that preserves and extends our culture of helpfulness,
openness, and WikiLove.

--Jimbo