[Wikipedia-l] Project Sourceberg

Ray saintonge at telus.net
Mon Nov 24 09:09:17 UTC 2003

Brion Vibber wrote:

> so people will stop dumping stuff in ps.wikipedia.org, which is
> supposed to be for the Pashto-language Wikipedia.
>
> http://sources.wikipedia.org/ now contains a basic wiki for dumping
> source documents into. Final domain name, title, logo, and magic
> sources-specific special features (like annotations) are a matter for
> the future.

Good!

It didn't take long for people to start screwing it up though.  My
understanding of the project is that it was for '''original sources'''.
 Already somebody has moved in a number of lists that properly belong on
Wikipedia, an undocumented piece of quasi-Latin, and a purported
questionnaire from Marcel Proust of uncertain copyright status.

I think some people need to learn the meaning of "original source", as
well as how to document what they put in.

Ec