[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia public relations

Tomos at Wikipedia wiki_tomos at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 23 00:09:12 UTC 2003

Is there anyone who is knowledgeable about "donation by clicking" scheme?

A user goes to a page with many ads, and the ad revenue for the site will
become a donation to help wikipedia/ wikimedia.

I am talking about sites like this:

http://www.thehungersite.com
http://www.veggiedirectory.com/

The benefit of it is that it could be done outside the wikipedia.org domain,
and could be done by people other than Jimbo. I have little idea how much
fund it can raise (probably not much, perhaps 1 to $10 a day), and I have
very little idea if there is any handy way to set one up.

Well, just an idea.

cheers,

Tomos