[Wikipedia-l] Switching everything to UTF-8

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 18 09:34:55 UTC 2003

Brion wrote:
>Mav, do you have a constructive suggestion for
>improving compatibility with older browsers? If so,
>please post it on wikitech-l, where we're discussing
>the issue. We already know you don't like the idea of
>breaking older browsers.

I don't care about breaking old browsers, I care about breaking articles and
not being at least minimally accessable to people who use old browsers. One
thing is certain, however: Switching to UTF-8 will not improve compatibility
with old browsers or improve the experience of the people who use them.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)