[Wikipedia-l] European domains

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Tue Nov 4 17:59:20 UTC 2003

An anonymous contributor has donated 200 EUR for European domains.

Normally I register via register.com, because I have been happy with
their 'automatic renewal' service, but with this wikipedia.de fiasco,
obviously that isn't a good enough reason.

So, I'm looking for advice on:

1.  Cheap places to register the domains

2.  Which domains we ought to register.  Presumably we should
prioritize in order of popularity somehow?

Possibly some other eager patron would like to subsidize the purchase
of domains for another region of the world?  (Pacific rim?)

--Jimbo