[Wikipedia-l] Re: About copyright violations

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu Jul 31 05:24:49 UTC 2003

David Grant wrote:

[something in HTML]

Other people have complained when Stevertigo sends HTML
with black text on a dark background (or some such thing).
I've often found these complaints a bit pointless,
since it's the reader's own decision to view the HTML;
every one of Steve's posts has also appeared in plain text.
As such, I've only ever viewed the text version, which is fine.

David's post above, however, appeared only in HTML.
I can't read it unless I copy the file to another program,
or else view the HTML source and read that by hand.

I will now look at the source, and if it's easy to convert to text,
then I'll post the text version and (if applicable) reply to it.
But if it has a bunch of HTML markup all over the place,
then I may well just ignore it.

-- Toby