[Wikipedia-l] Do we really need a Sifter project?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 22:32:17 UTC 2003

steve vertigo wrote:
>1. Stable version is a euphemism for "selected
>for quality" a brilliantly disguised elitism that, if
>seen for what it is -- leads to a direct conflict with
>FDL.

And Erik's idea doesn't also select for quality? All I'm saying is that
Nupedia can take it to the next level - no changes to Wikipedia required. The
GFDL explicitly allows for redistribution so I'm puzzles why you think that
is a conflict.

Your other points were cheap personal attacks and I won't dignify them with a
response.

--mav