[Wikipedia-l] Do we really need a Sifter project?

Ulrich Fuchs mail at ulrich-fuchs.de
Sun Jul 27 09:52:59 UTC 2003

> Having a "checked by" attrib is hardly giving all the credit to the
> Nupedian. The complete article history will also be linked from the static,
> checked version on Nupedia. And Wikipedia is the content development area -

We are not talking about a "checked by" for a stable version within Wikipedia,
we are talking about seperate articles (e.g. in the domain www.nupedia.org)
that were taken out of the Wikipedia, copyedited and then placed under a new
label.

I agree that accuracy is the most important thing for an encyclopaedia.
However, Wikipedia is out there to prove that an encylopaedia (sic!) can be
build without a formalized process and without a formalized experts "editing
commitee". Do I understand it right, that you declare this attempt to be
failed right now?

Uli