[Wikipedia-l] Article about Wikipedia published on major Israeli newspaper

Rotem Dan rotem_dan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 21:28:44 UTC 2003

I am glad to announce that Ynet, the online version of "Yediot Aharonot"
, which is one of the two most read newspapers in Israel, has published
an article about Wikipedia and its new Hebrew counterpart.

A couple of days ago, I was contacted by Gal Mor, one of the journalists
on Ynet's "Computers and technolgy" column, for a short interview
(mostly by e-mail and phone). I hope I gave a good impression of the
project, and I'm quite satisfied with the the resulting article. I was
actually quite surprised of the length and the amount of research and
detail given for it. :-)

For those of you that are able to read a bit of Hebrew, the news article
can be found here: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/1,7340,L-2703158,00.html

Regards,
Rotem Dan

P.S: Hebrew wikiepdia's userbase jumped from 30 to 52 today. Article
count is currently at 115. I guess that's a good sign ;-)