[Wikipedia-l] Proposal for new default skin

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jul 23 08:22:00 UTC 2003

tarquin-

> I've just wasted my weekend working on designs, but never mind.

Whether you have wasted your weekend depends on
- whether someone else implements your skin, or
- whether we come up with a new skin system that is based on page
templates instead of code/HTML mix, so that you can do it yourself.
Personally, I don't consider that a development priority, and it's
unlikely that it will happen anytime soon.

Whether your skin becomes the *default* is a separate matter, and I think
we should vote on the default skin ever so often. I'm reasonably fond of
the standard skin after my tweaks, but I also liked some of your ideas,
and the UnrealWiki definitely looks quite impressive.

Regards,

Erik