[Wikipedia-l] Re: Arbitrary changes (was: New stuff on test.wiki)

sgilbert at nbnet.nb.ca sgilbert at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Jul 22 20:44:54 UTC 2003

Erik Moeller wrote:

> I thought you'd say this. I'm personally quite sick of the obnoxious
> yellow, though, so I'd like to hear some other feedback before doing so.

It's probably best just to change it back. Arbitrary changes like that
are going to cause unnecessary friction. I may prefer purple as the
background colour, but because I'm not a developer, I can't do
anything about it.

> We can also experiment with other colors.

Maybe, but I doubt that everyone is going to pick the same colour.
:)

> Perhaps it should be a user
> preference (then again, perhaps we should just support user-defined
> stylesheets ..).

That's the best course of action.

- Stephen G.
-------