[Wikipedia-l] No new wikis

steve vertigo utilitymuffinresearch at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 21:17:14 UTC 2003

I agree with all of what Eric wrote below, except
that"Wiktionary was a good idea."  It was not a good
idea to start a sectioned, English only dictionary.
The merits of the idea would have been rested in a
facile connectivity to the main Wp, and for it to be
international. The [[wiktionary:article]] link is not
facile -- it should just be [[d:article]] -- like the
[[w:article]] link on wiktionary and meta.

As for internationality -- From wikitionary main page:
"Please note that this is the *English Wiktionary:
while it aims to describe all words of all languages,
the definitions and descriptions are in English only.
Similar Wiktionaries in other languages will be set up
gradually."

Fortunately, this kind of above nonsense is being
actively contradicted : as in:
http://wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%A3%AB
http://wiktionary.org/wiki/Cake  etc...

All suggestions improvements best understood with
time.  ;) Im out of time,
-s-