[Wikipedia-l] Please help test new features

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Jul 6 13:29:12 UTC 2003

06.07.2003 03:09:54, David Levinson <dlevinson at mn.rr.com> wrote:

>== Comments on features ==
>
>=== Numbering ===
>The numbering is awkward since the headings aren't numbered, maybe the
>TOC should be bulleted, or maybe headings should be numbered, I prefer
>bulleting the TOC to numbering the headings.

People can turn on numbering of headings in their prefs.

However, I agree with you that the TOC should really be bulleted when
people have that pref off (i.e. the TOC should follow that pref). I
don't know how easy or difficult that would be to code, though.

>=== Size of text box ===
>The area taken by the shaded box probably ought to extend across the
>screen, rather than be in a fixed size box, see
>http://test.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be for a really ugly outcome of the
>current implementation (especially when the screen is narrow), which I
>am sure can be fixed.

What text box? What shaded box? What is fixed-size? Please could you be
more specific? :) I don't see anything ugly about the Be article, except
perhaps if you go even narrower than 800 pixels, which I don't think we
are supposed to support.

>=== Repeat article title ===
>=== List of tables ===

Good ideas :)