[Wikipedia-l] Please help test new features

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 19:16:42 UTC 2003

brion vibber
>Mav, if you'd _read_ Erik's message you'd
>have noted he said that the TOC is *not*
>displayed when showing the main page,
>which is why you need to give other examples.

Brion, if you'd _read_ the rest of my message you'd have noted that I did read
that part of Erik's message and asked if the lack of a TOC was due to a lack
of headings or a hidden software switch. ;-)

I could have checked this out myself but test.wiki is down.

>Me, I'm all in favor of being able to manually
>suppress automatic functions that aren't always
>appropriate for particular tasks.

So am I. Alternatively we could turn this around and /only/ have TOCs
displayed when something like [[special:TOC]] is inserted into an article.

But my main concern was with the Main Page and I won't grumble much so long as
the TOC is off for all Main Pages.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)