[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Intlwiki-l] Announcing Wikimedia Foundation

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Jul 3 13:23:18 UTC 2003

rvalles wrote:

>That's great. Now that this long-lasting issue has been solved, let's focus in the other ones that aren't, and that are really important:
>
>- Unprivilegiation of the English wikipedia: The way it's setup now (http://www.wikipedia.org = english. others are ?.wikipedia.org) is totally discriminative , offensive and degrading for the other languages, that are placed into a not-as-important position.

Yes. This would be good.

>- More openness in general, public discusion of decisions before them being made.

But this is what is preventing the request above.
The discussion goes round and round and round and round and round and
round and round and round and round............ then we all say "we're
not getting anywhere, let's leave it a while". Then someone brings it up
again, and STILL nothing gets done.

-- tarquin