[Wikipedia-l] Re: Intro for readers of this list

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Wed Jul 2 07:23:21 UTC 2003

Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Sounds cool. But why not just make another article?

Because we write for readers.  Some subjects are more complex and it is
a real pain if you as a reader are force to download a bunch of
articles to get the idea of the subject in question.

Also people will start adding stuff to article which are "not
complete" (they will not lookup other articles first); thus duplicating
of info usually happens and in the end the article is long again.

This leads to the conclusion that fragment identifiers are a good thing.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home)               |   (*)/'(*)