[Wikipedia-l] Intro for readers of this list (Was: "Edit this section", TOC implemented)

Menchi Zh-En WP ebeins at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 02:40:40 UTC 2003

>From: Daniel Mayer

>brion vibber wrote:
> >...you had to make an anchor
> >yourself by putting in some HTML tag with
> >an 'id="anchorname"' attribute.
>
>Sounds cool. But why not just make another article?

Because that'd make some permanent one-paragraph or one-sentence stubs on
things humankind know little about. Some articles I made refers to another
parts of sections of its own or other articles.

> >...automatically _create_ anchors from headers...
>
>Heavens no! That would be ugly and non-standard and should not be a default
>setting (in the same way as the almost as ugly auto header numbering is not
>the default).

It doesn't have to be default at all, as apparent from the Korean NoSmoke
WikiForum, for example, on my page ( http://no-smok.net/nsmk/Menchi ), I
used several levels of headers, but the index can _only_ be revealled by the
markup, [[TableOfContents]].

Menchi Zh-En