[Wikipedia-l] references, admin request

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Sat Apr 12 15:51:26 UTC 2003

Matt M. wrote:

>Also, Mav suggested that I apply for Admin status, so I'll do that now.

and not too soon! you've certainly been around for long enough, in fact
I thought you were an admin already ;-)

>Would someone also please explain what responsibilities come with this?

delete junk pages, keep the flow of Votes For Deletion in check (that's
a pain in the ****, I don't do that much), keep an eye on vandals (be
suspicious of IPs and new names, basically, and diff their edits. sad
way to phrase it, but true. On the plus side, I get *very* pleasant
surprises when I see all the great material people add).
mediate edit wars if you've the stomach for it