Satisying the GFDL (Was: Re: [Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia privacy)

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Apr 8 21:33:32 UTC 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Oliver Pereira wrote:

> So, in conclusion, every edit has to be attributed to someone!

Oh, and section 4B also states that this must be on the "Title Page",
which is defined as "the text near the most prominent appearance of the
work's title, preceding the beginning of the body of the text". So, the
Main Page. Basically, it says we have to list the person responsible for
the last edit on the Main Page. Oh yes, along with "at least five of the
principal authors of the Document". Seriously! Look, I know it's crazy,
but I didn't write these terms. I'm just reporting them. Don't shoot the
messenger! But that *is* what it says we have to do.

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |