[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com: [WikiEN-l] How to ban a logged-in user

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Fri Apr 4 18:39:49 UTC 2003

Vicki Rosenzweig <vr at redbird.org> writes:

> [[Wikipedia is not]] a mental health treatment facility. People with mental
> problems may benefit from many kinds of support, but it is not our mission
> or obligation to provide them.

Sure, but there is no need to try to be a policemen or a juridical
person either

> There really are people who enjoy spraying obscenities on other people's
> walls and Web sites. If you know how to stop them from wanting that,

First make "them" stop cluttering the surroundings with "legal"
advertisement and the graffity <sp?> problem will vanish soon after :)

> you should publish the technique, preferably in a peer-reviewed
> journal so it will receive wide circulation. In the meantime, we
> repaint walls, buy paint-resistant subway cars, and otherwise prevent
> and deal with vandalism.

Vandalism is something different -- vandalism is destroying cities by
building road where drivers are "free" to drive fast and killing
children (we Germans are great in this sport ;-((( ).  Or vandalism is
spoiling oceans with oil.

[Of course, touching foreign walls or windows isn't legal!  But as long
as you try to fight against the kids it's you who will be the looser.]

[I must check wikipedias what they tell us about vandalism ;) ]

--
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |      ,__o