[Wikipedia-l] Server-side backlink redirects

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Thu Apr 3 01:34:18 UTC 2003

Tim Starling wrote in part:

>(*) Move page only
>( ) Make the page a redirect, and update all links so that they point to
>    the new article
>( ) Move page and update links

Q1: What's the difference between the last two options?

Q2: I don't really trust this idea yet and would hesitate to use it --
    although I have no objection to other editors' having it available.
    But what I'd really like is an option that changes only redirects,
    to automatically avoid double redirects.  Can we add that?
    Perhaps it should even be the default?

-- Toby