[Wikipedia-l] Spanish Wikipedia

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 30 16:20:44 UTC 2002

As I have written before in
http://www.nupedia.com/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2002-August/003869.html
I favor Enciclopedia Libre, because that's where the action is.

I would ask EL whether they agree that our interlanguage links point to
them, and if they say yes, scrap our Spanish Wikipedia. Of course,
whether they say yes or no, they are always free and welcome to use the
Phase III software and our translation file on their server.

Administratively, this is very nice. If they want a change in software,
configuration, or hardware, they have to do it themselves. Less work
for us, more control for them. I expect that many active international
Wikipedias will go that route over time.

Asking them to return to the American server, or simply importing their
articles to the Spanish Wikipedia, would no doubt both be interpreted
as insulting. (The importing would also require some sort of
acknowledgement and link back per GFDL.)

Axel