[Wikipedia-l] Re: Policy

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Sat Sep 28 07:16:26 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 01:24, The Cunctator wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 23:59, Toby Bartels wrote:
> > Right.  But editing the policy page is not the way to decide the issue.
> > I hope that you agree.
>
> Nope! I hope you'll be able to understand why editing policy pages is
> (as a general rule of thumb) the way to decide the issue.

Side note: I do agree, if by "decide the issue" one means "make an
immutable decision". Under that definition, no policy issue should ever
be decided. Thus editing the policy page is not the way to decide the
issue, but neither is anything else. Now if "decide the issue" means to
come up with a mutable decision, with some acceptable degree of error,
then editing the policy page is the way.