[Wikipedia-l] Re: Deletions and respect.

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Fri Sep 27 04:58:04 UTC 2002

Maveric149 wrote:

>The Cunctator wrote:

>>Waiting four minutes is not following the deletion policy.

>If the page is question was junk then there is no time
>limit. And the "policy" you speak of is the "one week
>rule" for listed items which you know very well that
>you wrote yourself on the votes for deletion page and
>I later bolded. I stated in the edit summary that I
>agreed with it but that it "needed to have list
>approval". I don't remember getting this approval.

Does The Cunctator have a habit of modifying policy?
He edited [[Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not]] a while back
to make it seem less likely that articles like
[[Stock market downturn of 2002]] are what Wikipedia is not.
(I mentioned it here, and later modified his modification,
but it got lost here amongs other things that I mentioned
at the same time.)

I myself would write something along the lines of
"Do not delete pages that are listed here
without waiting a reasonable period to allow for responses.".
And if pages that Cunc wants to save are deleted
before he's had a chance to make his response,
then ipso facto the period of waiting wasn't reasonable
(since Cunc, I believe, makes a point of checking the queue).
Nevertheless, mav is right that this should get list approval,
and then be mentioned here:

>http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_policy_on_permanent_deletion_of_pages

-- Toby