[Intlwiki-l] [Wikipedia-l] embassies and diplomats (fwd)

Giskart giskart at linux.be
Thu Sep 26 10:07:17 UTC 2002

Brion VIBBER wrote:

> Pursuant to KQ's suggestions, I've started a page on the English
> wikipedia:
>
>   http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Embassy

A good idea be would  it not be better to use the meta-wikipedia for
this ? Now it is used to put stuff on that is out of please on the
English wikipedia.  I see a future for the Meta - wikipedia as the
central conectionpoint between all wikipedias. A truly international,
multi-lingual wiki for essays and other non-encycopedia stuff but also
as the centre for international co-ordination. For Embassys or some
respresantation.  You can make different "Main Page"s on the same wiki.
Somthing like this; http://meta.wikipedia.com/wiki.phtml?title=Hoofdpagina

I think there will be more active in the Embassy pages if the are all on
1 wiki. Then there are only  only 2 wikipedias to monitor. . If the
Embassy pages are all on the home-wikipedias i think some will be
forgotten and the traffic, if any, will only be downstream from the
English to the others but not upstream.

giskart