[Wikipedia-l] "In memoriam"

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Wed Sep 25 22:12:36 UTC 2002

In making statements about how much one should care about September 11,
it's a good idea to remember that people had different experiences
regarding it. That's all I'll say about that.

Now, on to action.

One: we're not actually talking about innumerable pages.

About the only page that is expressly not NPOV and can't be reasonably
reconfigured as such is [[September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack/In
Memoriam]].

All tribute/comments for individual casualties have been moved to the
Talk page for the individual, which while perhaps not perfect, is
certainly within the scope of Talk (opinion which relates to and informs
the entry).

Two: what to do? The best solution, as far as I can see it, is to
have http://sep11.wikipedia.org/ set up with some version of the In
Memoriam page as the homepage, and an automatic redirect from the
www.wikipedia.org/ url to that.

About the only other pages sep11.wikipedia.org needs to contain
(non-NPOV) are the tributes (note: not the biographical entries).
Everything else should transparently link back to wikipedia.

If we can set it up cleanly it would be a good template for other
projects.