[Wikipedia-l] Re: "In memoriam"

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 19:22:39 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 12:01 pm, you wrote:
> Some have mentioned the pages should go to some special wiki - that's
> fine with me, but I *very strongly* feel they should leave Wikipedia
> now. The meta is the best place for them now. I've already brought this
> up some months ago, and I agreed then to wait until after September 11,
> 2002. It is now September 25, and time to move on with these pages -
> there has been plenty of time to think of other/better solutions. As
> I've said before, I don't think we should give 911 any special treatment
> anymore - there's no reason for that.
>
> Jeronimo

I agree the non-article 9/11 pages which including hundreds of tribute pages
should be moved (while still allowing Google to index them at their new homes
- we will still get traffic that way). But I do not agree that this should be
a hasty cut and paste effort. What I would like to see is a mechanism whereby
the move feature could move a page and its history in WIkipedia to Metapedia.

It would also be a very good idea to add "w:" link-backs where appropriate in
the moved pages. But to make this cross-linking work pages on Metapedia need
to look different than pages on Wikipedia. I've already suggested a light
gray background.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)