[Wikipedia-l] A little kindness (and common sense)

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 24 18:48:01 UTC 2002

--- Fred Bauder <fredbaud at ctelco.net> wrote:

> I have
> been criticized for
> occassionaly making stubs based on the Library of
> Congress Subject Index. I
> suggest that if there is enough substantial material
> in a book on the
> subject to justify a Library of Congress Subject
> Index entry, there is
> enough material out there potentially to justify
> that subject being either
> an article or a redirect. I know not everyone has a

Everyone has access to the Library of Congress website
which lets you browse the subject index. And no, I
don't think it is a good idea to litter the database
with stubs coming from those subject headings, because
stubs are useless and even harm the project's
perception by outsiders. Please follow the first rule
of the information age: "If you don't have anything to
say, don't say anything."

Axel