[Wikipedia-l] Red links

Giskart giskart at linux.be
Tue Sep 24 12:58:28 UTC 2002

Daniel Mayer wrote:

>On Monday 23 September 2002 11:00 pm, Anthere wrote:
>

>>Question : if french or dutch decide they would prefer
>>? rather than red, is it technically possible ?
>>

>In order to preserve the good will of the non-English language Wikipedia's I
>propose that any change in default behavior like this /must/ be decided by
>each individual Wikipedia community.

I agree 100%. whit you.

For matters that have an impact on all wikipedias there must be a formal
request for discussion on Intlwiki-l whit enough time ( 7 days ?) so
that those wikipedians reading that list can organize a discussion
procedure on their on wikipedia and/or maillinglist.

After there local discussion procedure a representative of all
wikipedias kan give feedback in the name of that wikipedia on Intlwiki-l.

The part of the local discussion procedure is very important. There are
wikipedians  that have lives and do not read these maillinglists but
only work on the wikipedia and doing the real work. If a wikipedia finds
it is nessesary to include those people in the discession making proces
it must be possibel, even if it takes time.

If it goes about a change that effect all wikipedias this procedure
should be followed.
If it goes about a small change that can simple be done individually for
every wikipedia a simple announcement on Intlwiki-l should be enough.

Giskart