[Wikipedia-l] the REAL solution to useless stubs and micro-stubs

Larry Sanger lsanger at nupedia.com
Tue Sep 24 03:44:52 UTC 2002

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> If it's garbage delete it.
>
> Full stop.
>
> Deleting a pitiful little stub that contains no useful content is NOT
> vandalism, and I defend my right and Mav's right and anyone else's right
> to do it.

I fully sympathize with this view, Karen (though I think it'd be better to
just display contentless pages as new pages, preserving their histories).
To accuse anybody of vandalism over this issue is seriously overblown.
Mav deserves a lot of more respect than he's been given here, and (maybe
this won't be surprising) I can relate to his frustration.  He's trying to
do some *good*, and to maintain *standards*.  To accuse him of vandalism
for this behavior is a perfect example of the sort of inversion of values
that this society often suffers, and is just totally, needlessly
provocative and combative.  Trying to maintain standards is a good thing,
not a bad thing; even if you disagree with his methods, there's no reason
not to do so kindly.

Larry