[Wikipedia-l] Me a vandal? Than't rich

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 18:42:11 UTC 2002

This is idiotic. All this wasted effort over a damn 35
byte useless microstub. And Fred's comment that what I
and others have done is somehow vandalism is way over
the top: On the day in question I spent 2 and a half
freaken hours going through the new pages list fixing
dozens of stubs, half of which were on inane cartoon
characters, and wikified, NPOVed and added content to
many more short and full-blown articles. I also found
several copyright violations and added those to the
deletion queue. I do this type of thing every several
days. I'm sure they must have, but I don't recall the
last time Fred or Cunc did this.

And yes, I also deleted about a dozen micro-stubs
which /did not/ in my opinion meet the policy
definition of "at least a decent definition". The
article Cunc is battering about was the best of the
bunch -- that's why I included the entire text in the
deletion summary (that way if somebody disagreed then
they could recreate it).  There is furthermore no
requirement that all pages that are to be deleted must
be on the votes for deletion page before they are
deleted -- the policy only states that if there is
some question, then post.

Vandal indeed. I'm sick of this whole episode. And
Cunc don't be surprised if I begin to ignore your
posts to my talk page in the same why you ignore my
post to your talk page (thinking of the tribute
article comments here).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

PS I get the list on a digest, so  if there was an
apology by Fred or if Fred misspoke then I apologize
for reacting in this manor.