[Wikipedia-l] Deletions

Khendon jason at jasonandali.org.uk
Mon Sep 23 16:02:09 UTC 2002

On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 02:49:01PM +0100, tarquin wrote:
> >I just don't have time to monitor the deletion police. I did
> >notice a proposed deletion of [[poverty]] a dismal article about a dismal
> >subject, which I thought rather unwise. It would seem on obvious candidate
> >for editing and addition of more substantial material rather than
> >deletion.
> I objected to the deletion proposal for [[poverty]].
> It was a lousy, pathetic stub, but it's a serious topic which Wikipedia
> should cover.
> Deleting that stub only puts off the day when we write an article on it.

I'm not convinced it works that way, inexperienced wikipedian that I am.
Speaking personally, if I notice a "full" link then I'll likely as not
pass over it. If I notice an "empty" link then I'm much more likely to
consider whether I could write an article on the subject.

--
Khendon  (Jason Williams)
khendon at khendon.org.uk    http://www.jasonandali.org.uk/jason/