[Wikipedia-l] Deletions

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Mon Sep 23 14:59:53 UTC 2002

Tom Parmenter wrote:

>To me, the votes for deletion page is a constrained Recent Changes,
>where I am reminded of things I might contribute on, but would not
>have thought of on my own.  Every one of these was a really poor
>stub.  Every one is now a pretty good stub.  I call that progress.
>But they wouldn't be there at all if I hadn't been prompted by the
>Votes for Deletion page.

Yup, I ended up wasting a whole evening of my life researching the Ford
Escort, and writing a pretty good article on it (if I say so myself,
still needs work from an expert) -- and I've never owned a car in my
life and know next to nothing about them!

Could we ressurect the "Articles in need of attention" page, and post
there instead of the votes for deletion page?
It's there but doesn't seem to be in use much.