[Wikipedia-l] Feature request

lcrocker at nupedia.com lcrocker at nupedia.com
Mon Sep 23 05:55:22 UTC 2002

> Sorry if this is already in the hopper or (!) has already been
> done, but it seems long overdue:
> We need a way to compile, based on lists of links (I guess),
> "Recent Changes" lists for all articles about a general topic.

This has been doable since Magnus's software, and still is; the
hard work is just compiling the list of links.  Once you have a
page of links, say, "Wikipedia:Major philosophy articles", then
you can just use the "watch links" feature of the sidebar to get
a list of recent changes to all pages linked from it.

Perhaps that feature could be added to, or tweaked to add
filters, etc.; but there's no point in wasting the effort to
do that until it has actual data to work with, and that will
take people creating those link pages.