[Wikipedia-l] html?

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sun Sep 22 17:28:28 UTC 2002

Padreger at aol.com wrote:

> hmmm.......I don't know what to do about it.     I tried to talk to
> AOL but to no avail.  Any suggestions?
>
> Pat
>
>> On Sun, Sep 22, 2002 at 08:41:43AM -0400, Padreger at aol.com wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi...if this message is in HTML please let me know.     adamw's
>> comment came
>> > as a surprise, as it is the only such complaint I have ever had.
>>
>> It's the same as the other one; in multipart/alternative form, with both
>> plain text and HTML versions. Not as distasteful as pure HTML mail, but
>> still bad in terms of bloated message size.
>>
>> --
>> Khendon  (Jason Williams)
>> khendon at khendon.org.uk    http://www.jasonandali.org.uk/jason/

Your earliest message had black on grey, and that was a bit annoying,
but your changes fixed that to my satisfaction.  The message to which I
am replying came through perfectly well.  Maybe Khendon is the one that
should be reviewing his settings.

Frankly I though AdamW was a little too aggressive in his approach on
the issue.  Your explanation about not knowing that it was happening is
very normal, and the simple explanation of the problem and how to fix it
is all it takes to correct it.

Anyway, welcome aboard, and I hope that the sometimes agressive approach
of a few of our colleagues doesn't scare you away.  I look forward to
seeing your contributions.

Eclecticology