[Wikipedia-l] beat Britannica!

Padreger at aol.com Padreger at aol.com
Sat Sep 21 13:50:38 UTC 2002

I just came upon Wikipedia less than a week ago, in a search for the
Underwood Tariff...but as I looked around I was so impressed with  the work
that I spent much of the last three days looking around; joined the email
list, and have been plowing through the  email and WikiPedia ever since.ever
since.

The point is that people ARE finding the site.

As for Toby's press release...it could state a GOAL of surpassing Britannica,
which might catch the attention of the big boys if for no reason than the
audacity of it.     Stranger things have happened!

Pat