[Wikipedia-l] Logging out

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Mon Sep 16 21:24:43 UTC 2002

lcrocker at nupedia.com wrote:

>>Yes, we seem to be timing out, and as I use 3 different
>>browsers on 2 different computers to access wikipedia I
>>notice odd differences in how each of them handles it.
>>

>I'm setting the standard cookie timeout to 30 days.  Could
>it be that each of your browsers is timing out every 30 days
>or so, but giving you the overall illusion that it happens
>every few days on average?

The problem only first appeared yesterday when I went to save edits to
[[Diptera]].  It seemed to have suddenly developed a 30 minute timeout
which it kept doing even after I completely rebooted, and logged on anew.

That two of us would have the same new problem at the same time suggests
that it may not have been at our end.  I've checked the cookies and they
now do show expiry at October 16.

I'll have more to say if things go wrong again.  Thanks

Ec