[Wikipedia-l] Logging out

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Mon Sep 16 19:22:06 UTC 2002

>The system seems to have developed a new bug!
>
>I can be properly logged in and occupied for a time when I try to go to
>another page, and it appears as though I had logged out.  If this has
>happened while I was working on a longer edit, it means that the edit is
>then credited to my URL rather than my pseudonym.
>
>This is a really annoying bug.
>
>Ec

Yes, we seem to be timing out, and as I use 3 different browsers on 2
different computers to access wikipedia I notice odd differences in how
each of them handles it. Practically it means having to log in over and
over despite having checked the little box, keep me logged in on this
computer. As I have noted before eBay sometimes exhibits exactly the same
bug so Lee is in some good company. I am disorganized enough that off the
top of may head I couldn't say exactly what happens with each browser on
each computer, but the timing out affects them all.

Fred