[Wikipedia-l] Common typos (was: Tucci528)

Tesla Coil tescoil at ilbbs.com
Sat Sep 14 04:12:03 UTC 2002

On 13 Sep 2002, Ray Saintonge wrote:
>> There are some typos and common spelling mistakes which are
>> no-brainers to catch and fix, but require a lot of grunt work.
>> Would it be possible, or desirable, to have a system which does a
>> search for one particular error at a time, eg "recieve", and corrects
>> all the pages it finds in batches, of say 20, to avoid loading the
>> server?
>
> Would we use an American or British spell-checker?

[[List of battles 1401-1800]] before British spell-checker:

"1775 Battle of Lexington and Concord?  Apr. 19
 Patriots lose 8 and with guerrilla action kill British"

[[List of battles 1401-1800]] after British spell-checker:

"1775 Battle of Lexington and Concord?  Apr. 19
 Rebels lose 8 and with guerrilla action kill British"  ;)