[Wikipedia-l] Who is welcome?

Jason Williams jason at jasonandali.org.uk
Thu Sep 12 16:37:37 UTC 2002

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:24:30AM -0600, Fred Bauder wrote:
> >If there is some group claiming that Jews "started" WWII;
> >or "invented" the Holocaust or
> >"are a bunch of greedy hypocrites who should be driven into the Sea" or
> >(insert favorite anti-Semitic idea here) --
> >then we simply write that Group A _believes_ this.
>
> I don't think so.

Why not? The fact that those beliefs are held is useful information; this
is a project to collect useful information. There need be no implication
that the belief is true or valid - otherwise there should be no article
on any Religion, for instance, since there is no evidence to support *those*
claims either.

--
jason at jasonandali.org.uk    http://www.jasonandali.org.uk/jason/