[Wikipedia-l] The meta question

Brion VIBBER brion at pobox.com
Thu Sep 12 09:46:53 UTC 2002

As some of you may have noticed, meta.wikipedia.com is running on a
version of the phase II wiki software from last December or so. It's
kinda buggy, and not being maintained. It probably ought to be moved to
the new server and upgraded to the current software at some point.

Also, it's been suggested that it might be nice to have a way to move
(non-)articles from the Wikipedia (English, or I suppose any language --
I don't see any reason why meta shouldn't be multilingual) to the meta
wiki with edit histories intact.

Is this desireable?

What about redirects from the main wiki(s) to the meta wiki? I've seen
people try to do it occasionally (it doesn't work, you just get a link
following the mysterious and unhelpful "1. REDIRECT").

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)