[Wikipedia-l] Pseudonyms, etc.

Julie Hofmann Kemp juleskemp at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 17:35:55 UTC 2002

Seeing as how I'm a woman (or am I?  I could have been lying, I
suppose), you all may want to discount this entirely, but here goes --

Jaap (who may have taken on the name because he wants to be like a
certain ex-Man Utd. Central defender) --

Here's a funny thing.  You seem to want people to use their own names on
the site, and resent KQ's using a pseudonym, while I, who have never
used a pseudonym here and even, when asked, provided my credentials,
have been: 1) accused of perhaps not being who I say I am and perhaps
even of falsely stating my credentials, and; 2) told that, if I am upset
that my name is connected with articles I don't find reflect my
professional standards, I should perhaps use a pseudonym.

It's a funny ol'world, ain't it?

As for the rest, I'm not that interested in defending myself against
silly statements.  Make all you want: it only helps to add to the
compendium of knowledge that helps us all consider our sources more
wisely.

Jules (a nickname reflecting my true given name of Julie)