[Wikipedia-l] little earthquakes page - song extract?!

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 01:05:24 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 10 September 2002 05:28 pm, you wrote:
> Correction: We didn't arrive at a consensus on the Dutch Wikipedia.
> I think that a small fragment should be fair-use. Also under Dutch
> law (which is basically the same as current USA/international law
> as I explained here earlier). On the Dutch Wikipedia we decided
> to 'disallow' such audio fragments for now because there was little
> need for it yet and we didn't want to pursue the matter further
> at this stage.
>
> Greetings,
> Jaap

Unless I am mistaken, the Dutch Wikipedia is hosted in the United States
along with the other Wikipedias. Therefore US law is the only one that
counts. But you can make any policies you wish for your own 'pedia so long as
it doesn't break US law (which I do believe is a lot more permissive in this
case).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)