[Wikipedia-l] Copyrighted images

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Sep 10 15:27:26 UTC 2002

If I take a photograph with my own camera, of a copyrighted image on the cover of a videotape -- then am do I own the copyright of my photograph? May I include my photograph on a website?

Or, does the copyright of the original image deny me the "right" to "copy" by photographing it?

See [[Raiders of the Lost Ark]] and other articles illustrated with fan photos of apparantely copyrighted images. I'm worried about liability issues that threaten the Wikipedia. (Jimbo has enough on his plate right now.)

Ed Poor